Friday, October 4, 2013

Sunshine Award

Lisa at Amateur Nester has nominated our little blog for the Sunshine award!!  This is an award that goes to writers who brighter other people's days.  Lisa, thank you so much!  One of our goals here is definitely to brighten our readers days and give them hope on their journey!



The rules are:
  • Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post
  • Link to the blogger who nominated you
  • Answer 10 questions about yourself
  • Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
  • Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
Here are Lisa's questions for me, and my answers:
  1. Why do you blog?  Well, this blog is new, but I'm definitely not new to the blogging world!  I started my personal blog almost seven years ago.  Initially, it was just a place to write, something I've always done.  It was random and silly at times.  Then it turned into a place to talk about my family and my first son.  Later it became a place to write about my journey with infertility. It's changed a lot over the year.  I blog so that I can preserve and share my special memories.  Here, I (and the rest of my contributors) blog to help others who struggle with infertility. Now it's a place to write about my new family and whatever goes with that (weight loss, etc). We want to educate and support them in any way we can and hope to do that by sharing our stories and the knowledge we have gained.
  2. Cook at home or go out to eat?  I like to do both. I'm not a very good cook (not as in bad, just no very skilled), but since my mom lives with us, she usually cooks, with help from me.  I like to eat out as well, but as a woman on a diet, that can be tough, so much temptation!
  3. What are you most proud of?  I am most proud of my kids, my two boys.  Being a mother is the most important thing I will ever do and I can't imagine loving my boys more.
  4. What's one thing you wish you could change about yourself?  Well, the thing I'm trying to change about myself is my weight. I've always been a little overweight (okay more than a little these days) so I'm working on it. Aside from that, I wish I was more patient, a little less emotional, that's another thing I'm working on.
  5. Are you an early-riser or a night-owl?  Early riser, whether I like it or not!  I don't do well with little sleep, so I'm typically in bed by 10:30 or so.
  6. Favorite book of all-time?  Oh that's nearly impossible!!
  7. What's one thing you want to learn how to do?  I have always wanted to learn sign language!  I know a little bit, but it's just something that has always fascinated me!  I need to take a class sometime.
  8. Do you have any hidden talents?  Um...Singing maybe?  I love to sing, have always loved it, but not that many people have heard me sing, so when they do, they are surprised.  It's not something I hide on purpose, just something most people don't have the opportunity to hear me do.
  9. What inspires you?  So many things!  Strength of character, emotional strength, perseverance, compassion, generosity, I could go on and on!
  10. Ruffles, Lays, or Pringles?  Oh that's tough.  I rarely eat chips these days.  I do like all three!  I guess given all three I'd probably pick Pringles.  (Yes, and now I want some chips!)
 
Here are my 10 nominees:
We're a new blog and most of my contributors have already been nominated!  So basically, if you've commented here, you're nominated!  Also, because you're AWESOME!
  1.  Mandy at Hakuna Matata
  2.  Megs at Work is for Suckers
  3.  Mama Asterisk at Mama Asterisk
  4.  Cindy at My Journey Through Infertility, Pregnancy, and Loss
  5.  Heather at Battlefish
  6.  Caroline at In Due Time
  7. Hope at A Crack In Everything
  8. Kasey at Stupid Broken Eggs
  9. Amber at Old Lady No Baby
  10. We're new, so if you're reading this, you're nominated! 
My 10 questions:
  1. Where did you come up with the name of your blog (this intrigues me)?
  2. You have the chance to be told 5 significant events that will occur in your lifetime (what will happen and when).  Do you want to know and why?
  3. If you could do any job, regardless of money or talent, what would it be?
  4. What was your favorite Halloween costume when you were young?
  5. Has infertility changed you?
  6. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
  7. You can eat one thing every day for the next month.  What is it?
  8. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
  9. Would you rather live one 1000 year life or ten 100 year lives?
  10. What is your best piece of advice?
Thank you again Lisa!  And thanks everyone for participating!  Be sure to leave a comment so we call all read your answers!


4 comments:

  1. Melissa, thanks for posting your answers so fast! I'm glad you enjoyed participating and I loved getting to know you a little better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award, Melissa. I've posted my response: http://rowan6.wordpress.com/2013/10/08/sunshine/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on this today! Thank you SO much for the nomination :)
    oldladynobaby@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. FIIIIIIINALLY posted my answers (http://there-is-a-crack-in-everything.blogspot.com/2013/10/sunshine-award.html). Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Tell us what you think of our blog, what you'd like to see here, or let us know if you'd like to become a contributor or guest blogger!