Friday, November 15, 2013

The Stork Award

Megs at Work is for Suckers has nominated us for The Stork Award!  Thanks Megs!  This is a new award that's been circulating that was created by Teresa at Where the *Bleep* is Our Stork?  I've read Teresa's blog for a long time before she became contributor here and she's an amazing person.  I love this award and I'm honored that Megs chose our little blog for this award!  So thanks again Megs and thanks to Teresa for creating this award!


Here's how it works:

1. Include the Stork Award icon in your post
2. Link the person(s) who nominated you
3. Answer the 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate as many bloggers as you want to receive the award
5. Ask your nominees 10 new questions
6. Link your nominees and let them know they've been nominated
7. Post the Stork Award icon on your blog side bar if you are so inclined

Here are Megs questions and my answers:

1.  What is your guilty pleasure movie/music/book/TV show?
I have a lot!  I'm not super trendy, so I end up liking things that others might think are lame.  I listen to a lot of soundtracks from the TV show "Glee" (Yes, I'm a big Gleek).  My spotify is full of Glee music.  I also love to listen to Broadway Musicals.  I love to read romance novels and a couple of my favorite series' involve vampires, highlander time travelers, and witches.  As for TV shows, I watch a lot of competition shows, America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, and Dancing with the Stars are my favorites.

2.  The best vacation you ever went on?
I don't have a lot to chose from here, I don't get to travel too much.  It's a close call between my honeymoon in the Bahamas, my spring break trip to NYC my senior year in high school, and my trip to California this past May.  Since I had to work in CA and I was super homesick in NYC, I'll go with my honeymoon.  It was the first time I'd ever seen the ocean or been to a beach and the Bahamas were really beautiful.  Being on the cruise ship to the island was really cool too.  My husband and I got totally roasted the first full day there, which totally sucked (this was our HONEYMOON.  We would have liked to have been able to stand being touched a little more), but we still had a really amazing time.

3.  If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
I think I'd like to be telekenetic.  Maybe that's the lazy person's power, but still, it would be cool and very handy.

4.  Time travel is a thing, but you can only go back and observe - you can't change anything.  What time period would you want to witness?
Wow that's hard.  I think I'd have to say back in Shakespere's time.  I would have loved to watch them perform those famous works.

5.  What would you choose as your last meal?
Texas Roadhouse chopped steak, salad, and steak fries and rolls.  And dessert!  Probably chocolate cake. YUM!

6.  The best book you've read in the last 5 years?
I feel sort of lame but I have to say the Hunger Games Trilogy.  I loved it.

7.  What do you love about where you live?
Almost everything and everyone I love is here.  It's familiar, is the only place I've ever lived.  It's big enough that everything I need is here, but small enough that I feel fairly safe raising my kids here.

8.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who make little sounds that distract me like picking at their fingernails, humming under their breath, clearing their throat, etc.  It distracts me.

9.  Who was your favorite teacher in high school and why?
It's a close race between Ms Joseph, my french teacher, and Mrs. Redding, my British Lit teacher.  They were both so sweet and kind.  I used to spend my free periods with them, just talking.

10.  What was your bravest moment?
Wow, another hard one.  I don't really consider myself brave.  And I haven't been in too many situations where I've had to keep calm in an emergency, thankfully.  Maybe during AJ's labor/C-Section.  Or when Tyler had to have an endoscopy, I had to be brave for him, keep him from guessing what was happening beforehand.  I didn't feel brave, but I kept it together around him.

My Nominees:
1. Rach at A Little Bit More
2. Alissa at Miss Conception
3. Amber at Old Lady No Baby
4. Hope at A Crack In Everything
5. Mandy at Hakuna Matata
6. Heather at Battlefish

My questions:
1. What do you consider to be your best personality trait?
2. When you are stressed, what is something you do to relax or cope?
3. Describe your dream home.
4. What is the best piece of advices you can offer?
5. What are you looking forward to right now?
6. When  you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?  Did you stick with that?
7. What is your favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving?
8. What is something you've always loved that most people think is lame or silly?
9. What website do you have to visit every day?
10. Do you believe in magic?

Thanks again Megs!!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! So glad this award is making it's way around and that you all love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers, Melissa! And I too would like to be telekinetic. It really is the best power, in my opinion. And I think the Hunger Games is a great answer! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from ICLW...have you seen the new hunger games movie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment Cindy! I saw it last weekend and really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nomination Melissa! I will have to answer your questions in a post soon. I love the question and answer stuff because I get to learn so much more about my bloggie friends :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Tell us what you think of our blog, what you'd like to see here, or let us know if you'd like to become a contributor or guest blogger!